Thursday, November 27, 2008

Much to be Thankful For

This year I have much to be thankful for. I am thankful for my health, my husband, my family, my job (even though I hate it but in this economy I am happy to have it), my house, my dogs, and I am especially thankful for my sweet baby girl. This time last year she was in my belly, kicking away, 2 weeks from being born. And this year she was eating turkey and is getting ready to turn 1 year old!

We had a nice Thanksgiving. Our good friend came over and brought a fried turkey from a local restaurant here in town. This is the 3rd year we've done it and its become sort of a tradition. We look forward to that delicious turkey every year. I made all the sides and dessert - even though I didn't cook the turkey I was still cooking and prepping for 2 1/2 days! And then we eat and its all over in 10 minutes. Now I am relaxing on the couch, watching the Texas Longhorns game on TV while my husband and his friend are at the game. I am awesome because I got them the tickets.

Our meal was so good, I thought I'd share some photos. I don't have the best camera for food images, but you get the idea. I am getting hungry again looking at these!


yummy fried turkey from Hoover's in Austin. I must say, I did a fine job carving it and plating it!

squash casserole - I opted for this instead of the green bean casserole. It was really yummy - the top crust is crushed ritz crackers and cheddar cheese!


cornbread and sausage stuffing

The spread - this photo has my favorite sweet potato with toasted marshmallow

Jordyn enjoying her first Thanksgiving meal

Sorry no pictures of the dessert - spiced pecan bars. By the time we ate it I had put away the camera and it didnt occur to me to take it out again. Just trust me when I say they were fabulous! Wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Monica H said...

Everything looks wonderful and I LOVE Hoovers!

Happy Thanksgiving!