Monday, August 18, 2008

Milestones

Jordyn has changed so much these last few weeks. We came back from NY on 7/29 and I feel like she has done so much since then. She started swim lessons 2 weeks ago and is definitely a little fish. Maybe she'll be in the Olympics one day breaking Michael Phelps' new record! Its so great to see her in the water, learning new things and socializing with other kids. I also took her to Gymboree a few times and will continue to take her weekly. On Saturday she had her first forward crawling motion while we were there. I was so amazed! I enticed her with a toy of course, but she was so determined to move forward and get it, and she did it! I was so proud of her! Then yesterday, she said her first word: mama. Of course, I don't think she's saying it for me specifically yet, but I love to hear her say it. "Mamama, mama" - she says it all day. Of course Daddy is jealous but she'll be saying dada soon enough.

Last night for dinner I gave her little pieces of chicken for the first time. She did great - chewed each little piece and didn't even gag! That's been an issue - sometimes she gags so bad her whole dinner comes up. Thankfully she kept it down and seemed to enjoy it. This past week she's also had diced up pears, cheerios, yogurt and Gerber puffs. Her spit up problem is much better, but she'll still bring up something with a burp every now and then, usually right after a bottle. Occasionally when she's playing on the floor something chunky will come up, and now that she has some yogurt in her system it stinks. Ugh, love regurgitated whole milk products. :-)

No comments: